GV Beius Romania 2013
Note: This is just a list of suggestions! If you have any questions, please let me know!
- Prescription medications and Simple first aid supplies.
- Toiletry items (Face cloths are non-existent in Europe) & dental care (tooth pick, floss) – Make sure you pack a towel too! Our host family does not provide towels!
- Family photos to show new friends
- Neck pouch for passport (superior to fanny packs or money belts worn on the exterior)
- Passport and 2 copies of your passport ID page (in separate places in your luggage… just in case!)
- Emergency contact phone and FAX numbers of family/friends in the US.
- ATM Card/cash/etc… You can use your ATM cards in all locations to take our the currency in Hungary and Romania. This proves to be a lot easier than taking traveler’s checks!
- Shoes (one sandals or flip-flops, one casual nice, one for muddy work/hiking)
- One nice, special outfit (for church, airline travel)
- Daily work and play clothes
- Romanian weather tends to be warm during this time of year, but we might have cooler mornings. I suggest bringing pants and shorts to work in, plus long sleeve and short sleeve t-shirts.
- Lightweight waterproof jacket or lined windbreaker/sweat shirt/sweat pants
- Hat for rain and shine!
- Work Gloves
- Sunscreen and sunglasses (maybe even a bathing suit, you never know!)
- Travel alarm clock, if you like them
- Folding umbrella
- Camera, film, extra batteries
- An extra set of clothes in your carry-on luggage (just in case!)
- Bug Repellent for the evenings and sun screen for the days